Flashpoint’s Recognition in the Forrester Wave Report
Flashpoint was named a Strong Performer in The 2023 Forrester Wave™ for External Threat Intelligence Service Providers, serving the private and public sectors. In addition to receiving the highest possible score in the vision criterion, Flashpoint’s “ideal” fraud and compromised credentials capabilities were cited multiple times, including its strong reputation and deep penetration in the financial services industry.
Specializing in National Security and ‘often-forgotten’ Physical Security Intelligence
‘Necessary for effective cyber security’
The Q3 2023 Forrester Wave™ for External Threat Intelligence Service Providers avers that just relying on fundamental security controls and monitoring internal logs is no longer a sufficient strategy for effective cybersecurity. As a result, Forrester says, external cyber threat intelligence is now a necessary foundational component of any organization’s cybersecurity defenses.
Flashpoint’s “ideal” fraud and compromised credentials capabilities were cited multiple times, including its strong reputation and deep penetration in the financial services industry.— The 2023 Forrester Wave™ for External Threat Intelligence Service Providers
And while customers needs vary—“some customers want a total threat intelligence platform, some want curated alerts, and others just want the raw data”—Forrester recommends that security and risk professionals should look for an External Threat Intelligence Service Provider that:
- Gather diverse sources of threat intelligence, including:
- open source information
- access to the dark web and restricted sites
- a deep repository of historical data
- and routine expansion into new areas like Telegram channels as well as regularly refreshing existing sources from around the world.
Forrester writes that Flashpoint “excels at collecting information from underground and dark web sources” and has enhanced and strengthened its open source intelligence (OSINT) capabilities and its physical security intelligence through M&A.
- Simplify the consumption of threat intelligence, especially providers who:
- have a robust library of reports about threat actors, malware families, vulnerabilities, and industry trends that include detailed tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) suitable for technical and executive audiences.
- do the heavy lifting of connecting the dots from multiple threat data points to actions by adding contextual information, prioritization, and risk scoring.
- can cut through the noise to deliver complete, accurate, relevant, and timely information with minimal false positives.
Act as a force multiplier to promote better decision-making and drive tangible action to mitigate risks.
Read The Forrester Wave: External Threat Intelligence Service Providers, Q3 2023
Learn more about where the ETISP market is headed, Flashpoint threat intelligence solutions, and the Flashpoint Ignite platform, by downloading a copy of the Forrester Wave: External Threat Intelligence Service Providers report here.